REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bethenny talks to the NY Post

Q&A from the NY Post.

By:Jarett Wieselman
Love and pregnancy may have caught Bethenny Frankel off guard but I don't think anyone was surprised when her "Real Housewives of New York" spin-off became the highest rated series premiere in Bravo history. Since the June debut, "Bethenny Getting Married?" has given us a sneak peek inside the chef's home, heart and brain. And clearly America likes what it's seen.

Tonight is the biggest episode since her wedding to Jason Hoppy as the couple welcome daughter Bryn into the world. As Bethenny prepares to take viewers inside the delivery room, she chatted with PopWrap about the experience, a potential series retitling and whether or not she'd ever let Bryn watch the show.

PopWrap: The show has been a huge hit -- was any part of you surprised?
Bethenny Frankel: No, because I left everything on the basketball court, or the football field, whatever it is that you say. I went there. I was truthful and honest and et the viewer know the good and the bad and the ugly -- and tonight, it's the ugly, that’s for sure!

PW: Throughout this whole process has there been a Sally Field, "you like me, you really like me" moment?
Bethenny: Yes. People related to me on "Housewives," but the day after "Bethenny Getting Married" aired – actually the minute it finished -- that was when I was like, "Wow." And I have to attribute that to Twitter and Facebook, that’s the reason that I know -- social networking let's me have an intimate conversation with fans. You get to learn exactly who your fan is.

PW: And who is the "Bethenny fan?"
Bethenny: My fan is always really respectful, really smart, really well-dressed, really nice and I’m proud to have those fans. I have a really great fanbase.

PW: You've said that Jason hated filming "Housewives" -- does he like this any better?
Bethenny: I think he enjoys this because it’s our show – we were there and we know exactly what it was, we’re communicating what a lot of couples go through. We’re not perfect, this is what’s really going on. Ultimately he would like for me to have my own show that he doesn’t have to be a part of, but he’s really happy for me and proud of the show. He thinks it’s a good show.

PW: Will you guys let Bryn watch the show?
Bethenny: Oh, I hadn’t thought of that. I’d be really proud to show it to Bryn because I wouldn’t be proud to show Bryn “Housewives.” But I would be glad to show her this one [laughs]. I was proud of it, and I was proud to be a part of a show that was not sensationalized or dramatic.

PW: Tonight you go into labor, have you seen the footage since you filmed it?
Bethenny: Jason and I took the footage home – we watched hours and hours of them, but it’s exactly what it was. I was a big, fat, disgusting gorilla that ate Italian ices non-stop like a crazy lunatic while drugged up.

PW: What about the process surprised you.
Bethenny: I didn’t understand any of this. I thought the water broke and the baby came out. I didn’t know how long it goes, didn’t think you slept over. It's not like other shows where the baby comes out, the end. This is everything leading up to it – I mean, what goes on in the hospital when someone’s in labor?

PW: Was there anything you saw and thought, "maybe we won't send this to Bravo?"
Bethenny: No there wasn’t. There are some things we didn’t film -- no one wants to see me completely stark naked -- but I don’t think it’s fair to ask people to turn on the television and then say, “but we’re not going to show you this.” We’re not cheating the viewer.
PW: Obviously the popularity of the show implies there will be a season two -- but do you think the show title should change?
Bethenny: I’m conflicted. A part of me thinks we should keep the name because it’s a brand and everyone talks about it, or it should just be Bethenny alone. It could be Bethenny is Married or Bethenny Got Married ..it’s close.

PW: You'll avoid all puns of Jason's last name, like Bethenny's Hoppy Marriage, right?
Bethenny: We’ll stick with just my name. I’m not going to drag him into it.

PW: So there will be a second season?
Bethenny: Let’s call it Bethenny’s Getting a Second Season! We can Secret that! I think there’ll be a second season for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment