REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bethenny Talks to US Magazine About Being A Mom

Post from US magazine.com.

Bethenny Frankel calls motherhood "magical" -- and not just because she was able to drop her baby weight in three weeks to fit in a size-4 swimsuit.

"It's pure love," the Real Housewives of New York star, 39, gushed to UsMagazine.com at the opening of the East Harlem Target Tuesday night. "It's a great, neat thing. It's really love at first sight."

Frankel says she hasn't gotten into a routine with daughter Bryn, whom she welcomed on May 8.

"Babies, they're not much for a routine. It's not like a mechanical doll. It's a baby. If she hasn't pooped in two days and I have to stick a Q-Tipp up her butt, it's not a routine. What are you going to do? Not to give too much information, but that's what happened."

Bryn's recent milestones include "smiling and pulling my hair," Frankel says. "I like to think it's her showing me she needs me, but I'm sure it's just her hanging on!"

Frankel says she was surprised about how all-consuming motherhood has been. Before having Bryn "I really didn't understand how every minute of the day is really about the baby," she says. "It’s crying, she has to burp, it’s every millisecond -- so I wasn’t really grasping that. I don’t know how women do it who have several kids."

Husband Jason Hoppy, whom she wed last April, pitches in for daddy duty: "He fights me to change her and give her a bath. He wants the most interaction with her. It's really amazing."

The two are even planning "a second honeymoon at the Montauk Yacht Club -- well, we're going to try," says Frankel. "The combination of my business and the baby and Jason’s work, we’re falling short. Well, I’m falling short with him in that department. Note to self: something to improve!"

Not that she's slowing down anytime soon. When asked if there will be a second season of her own Bravo show, Bethenny Getting Married, she told Us, "If I were a gambling woman, I would bet there is."

No comments:

Post a Comment