REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Monday, July 12, 2010

Did Bethenny diss her parents in People?

Post from Babble.com

Posted by Lulu and Moxleys Mom
I just finished reading the new PEOPLE magazine with Bethenny Frankel on the cover in which she details her tragic childhood and levels some pretty awful claims about her parents, legendary horse trainer Bobby Frankel and Bernadette Frankel Parisella. Frankel’s mother was able to respond to her daughter’s allegations, but Frankel’s father died last year, leaving him unable to defend himself. And I just wonder, is it okay that Frankel bashed her parents so publicly, especially given one is deceased and unable to respond? Following are some of Frankel’s allegations, and her mother’s response, where she basically calls her daughter a liar.
–Her father would have nothing further to do with her after her mother accused him of withholding money. “He said, “I”m washing my hands of the whole thing,’” Frankel says.
–Her mother was a bulimic and Frankel would have to clean up her mother’s vomit with her mother saying, “Don’t tell your father.”
–Her mother abused alcohol (she “was always drinking”) and was “extremely volatile… “There was a lot of destruction, alcohol abuse, eating disorders and violent fights.”
–She briefly lived with her father in Los Angeles but her father was into drugs and young girls. “I never watched cartoons, I was always at restaurants and the racetrack.”
–After heated arguments between her mother and step-father, John Parisella, during which she would hide in the closet or call police, she’s hear her them making up in the bedroom. “It would make me so angry. It would kill me.”
–Her father still rebuffed her while on his death bed. “I didn’t exist to him.”
–She hasn’t spoken to her mother in more than 10 years and doesn’t plan to. She says: “I’m never going to to want her in my daughter’s life” and “I don’t want her to contact us and make it toxic.”

When contacted by PEOPLE, Frankel’s mother admitted that domestic fights sometimes led to the police being called but denied having an eating disorder or a problem with alcohol. Frankel’s step-father, who has been divorced from Frankel’s mother for over two decades, seemed to back up Frankel’s version, saying Bernadette “showed signs of bulimia” and drank heavily.

Listen, I had a great childhood and have no beefs with my parents. But even if I did and I was famous, I don’t think I’d level them publicly. Granted, that’s easy for me to say given I have no complaints about my upbringing. My guess is everything Frankel says is true, but is airing it to the world the right thing to do? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment