REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gretchen-RHOOC Says The Drama Never Stops

Q&A from Examiner.com.

By: Matt Carter
"The Real Housewives of Orange County" is the reality show that started it all for Bravo's landmark series, and the famous ladies are all currently at work getting ready for the next season of the show (which will premiere later this year).

Photo: Bravo
Out of all the members of the cast, Gretchen Rossi is certainly one who receives plenty of attention. She originally joined the cast in season four, and had to go through the struggle of losing her fiance Jeff. She also has been able to use the show as a platform to launch both a line of makeup and handbags, which you can find out more about below.

I recently had the chance to engage in an email conversation with Gretchen about her life.

Matt: What interested you in being on a reality show to begin with?
Gretchen: It wasn't necessarily about me having interest as much as it just seemed to keep showing up in my life. I had been asked to be involved in the entertainment business since I was a little girl. My parents kept me far away from that whole world. Then I was asked to do two other reality shows before 'Housewives', when I was approached to do 'RHOC', Jeff (my dear late fiancé') encouraged me to finally take up the offer. Jeff was ultimately the one that convinced me to go for it! He knew that I had desires to be in the fashion and beauty industry and he saw it as an opportunity for me to pursue my entrepreneurial dreams and desires.

You have been through so much on the show since you joined the cast. Has it ever been difficult sharing that much of your personal life on TV?
YES! Beyond difficult. I could have never imagined how hard it would be. Looking back I would of never done the show if I knew the outcome of Jeff and my situation. That was way too difficult to go through on national TV. When Jeff and I agreed to do the show we thought he was going to go into remission any day, unfortunately cancer has a mind of its own and took a turn for the worse. I was now under contract and unfortunately could not just walk away from my responsibilities within my contract. Jeff encouraged me to stay on and make it work because he really wanted me to succeed and pursue my other dreams.

Does some of the drama shown between some of the 'Housewives' start to fade away from the cameras?
NO! All the drama you see on the show continues even more when the cameras aren't around it seems at times. It tends to get played out in the press often as well!

Is there anything you can tell us about season six?
Unfortunately at this time, I am not at liberty to discuss season six yet, but I can assure you everyone will definitely want to tune in!

How has the show helped you promote some of your own products (such as your line of purses and makeup)?
The show has been a great launching board for the 'Gretchen Christine' brand I have been creating and thinking about for many years now! I have been working especially hard these past two years to make this show make sense for me beyond all the silly nonsense that goes on. I sincerely don't enjoy all the drama and the crap that comes along with being on a reality show, but it is what I signed up for. It is not a part of my moral fiber to just tear another woman down for no reason or for my own personal sport. I believe rather in uplifting woman and being there for each other, we are hard enough on ourselves as it is. I don't know why it makes good TV to treat someone else so poorly or make judgments about people or situations you really don't know anything about, but it does. Unfortunately, even though who I truly am in my day to day life is an woman who is full of compassion, happiness and forgiveness, it is hard to uphold that foundation of belief when you get treated the way I did by some of the woman on the show. At some point you decide that enough is enough and you have to fight back....and yes it does make for good drama and TV.

With so many other spin-offs out there, what do you think distinguishes 'Orange County' from the mold?
I think why the 'Housewife' Franchise is different from the mold is because I think we are one of the only reality shows left that there is no scripting involved at all. What you see happening in scenes is really happening, cameras just happen to be there catching it all. This is an ensemble cast and what makes it great is that each one of us are soooo different and there is probably someone out there that can relate to whatever situation each one of us is dealing with in our lives: divorce, kids, relationships, deaths, sickness, friendships, heartache, weddings, renewal of love, etc etc. It's called life!

In between promoting your make-up line, your handbags, and doing a variety of other appearances in addition to the show, what do you do to relax?
Hahaha relax? What is that again? I do have a lot going on right now with my new fashion line the 'Gretchen Christine Collection' and my growing make-up line 'Gretchen Christine Beaute'! However I had a clear goal in mind when I choose to accept doing this show. Contrary to most people's beliefs I didn't do it for the fame, I wanted to be able to make my dreams and desires turn into 'reality' (no pun intended). The fame that comes along with this business is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse. I have always been an entrepreneur and have always made my own money, I love running my own business, and I like being my own boss. I have accomplished everything I have set my mind too but not without a lot of hard work, sweat and tears! Yes, I don't get a lot of down time right now, but I am ok with that because I am getting paid to do what I love within the fashion and Beauty industry. I am making woman feel great about themselves, bringing high fashion looks at affordable prices, and bringing quality make-up to the everyday woman at half the cost! I do look forward to a vacation though, time will allow that to happen when it is right, but for now I like going full speed ahead and this train is not stopping!

How supportive have the fans been over the past few years?
My fans are the only reason I continue to do the show and my inspiration behind all that I am doing. I am so grateful to how loyal and great all of them are to me! So many e-mails have come into my personal website www.gretchenchristine.com my twitter www.twitter.com/gretchenrossi and my facebook fan page www.facebook.com/grethenrossi about my style and fashion, my hair, my make-up and my fitness routines. Those have propelled me into this space of fashion and beauty that I have always wanted to be in. I have listened to my fans requests, needs and wants and I hope through my new line- 'GCC' that will encompass all things clothes, accessories and fashion and my cosmetics line -'GCB'- they can look and feel their best!

Finally, is there anything specific going on in your life that you would like to promote?
Yes, If I'm not mistaken I think I just did :) hehe

If anything I would like to promote self-confidence! If by being on this show and in the limelight I can in someway inspire someone to either; pursue their dreams or make things happen they never thought possible; give someone inner strength to stand up to someone who is bullying them or hurting them; possibly deal better with life's hard situations like losing a loved one to cancer, and show that you can still come out ok and be a stronger better person, then exposing my life on TV has been well worth it.

Thanks to Gretchen for talking with me, and stay tuned for more TV news.

No comments:

Post a Comment