REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ramona Is A Guest Writer For GLAM

Ramona's article from Glam.

Photo: GLAM
Guest Article: Ramona Singer on Life, Jewels, and the Housewives
By LAUREN BARTH
 
I would have never thought as a little girl I would be so fortunate to have found the success I have. My career started when I graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology with a BS in fashion merchandising and management. Upon my graduation I entered into the Macy’s executive training program and soon after became a buyer. In the early years I worked for big fashion houses like Calvin Klein and French Connection. I then went out on my own and started my very own RMS Fashions, a resale clothing company that I created from nothing and with a lot of hard work brought it to the top. During my 20 years in the clothing resale business I learned what it was like to be a woman in the business world. With dedication, courage and perseverance I shattered the ‘glass ceiling’ and was able to create an accomplished and successful company.

In 2007 I was approached by a production to be a part of a reality show called Manhattan Moms. It sounded like a great idea, as I would use this platform to show women how you can be a wife, mom and business woman – basically having it all. In addition I had been designing some pieces for my husband’s fourth generation jewelry company, True Faith Jewelry, and I wanted to begin sharing these pieces with the world. The show aired on Bravo under its new name Real Housewives of New York City. Needless to say it was a hit! Suddenly I needed to be wearing so many different entrepreneurial hats. In the past three years I have been fortunate enough to really exercise my potential when it comes to business. I have made a brand from my name by designing an entire collection for True Faith Jewelry, amazing art deco and estate inspired collections of jewelry for HSN and Tru Renewal, my skincare line. In addition I make everyday public appearances such as interviews and magazine photo shoots and I have many other projects that are in the works.

Photo: GLAM

Currently I am working tirelessly on my newest collection for HSN which will debut on Monday, September 20th between 3-5am EST and 3-5pm EST. I’m so excited to be back on the show to share the new line. Planning, creating and styling this all- new line has been an honor and frankly a lot of fun for me. We have experimented with all new materials and mediums and I am certain there is a piece for everyone! Some of my favorite pieces include gold vermeil with honey and amber citrines used to enhance the gold tone and beautiful green shades designed after my visits to Asian museums. In addition, I am introducing a fresh version of my signature cuff with a wider band, made with special black ebony with lapis lazuli, tanzanite and diamonds with a ring to match. This collection is designed for today’s fashions but with a timeless look that will never go out of style so it can be passed on through generations.

At the end of the day when I finally get to go home after a busy day of work I relax with my family, pour a glass of Pinot Grigio and smile because the thing I am most grateful for is my husband, Mario, and beautiful daughter, Avery. All the success is nothing if you have no one to share it with.

1 comment:

  1. One word Alcoholic!
    INtervention needed but will she get the help she desperately needs from her husband (wondering eye) or friends. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete