REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Danielle-RHONJ recording a pop song

Check out this article from zap2it.


By Carina McKenzie
"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" villain Danielle Staub is continuing the grand tradition of "Money Can't Buy You Class" and "Tardy for the Party." The housewife we love to hate tells People that she's gone into the studio to record a duet with Lori Michaels called "Real Close."

Michaels, a singer who grew up in Fairview, NJ, wrote the track. "It's a song about having commitment issues -- one person is leaving, the other person is staying," Staub says. "It's called 'Real Close' because you want to pull the person closer."

According to Staub, five versions of the track will be released sometime around early August. "For the main version, the vibe is very sexy, very raw."


But can Danielle's vocal chops compare to those of Countess LuAnn de Lesseps or Kim Zolciak? She says she's got the experience. "I sang in an R&B band when I was a young teen," she says. Is there anything Danielle hasn't done?

"When I was sitting down going over Lori's music, this song grabbed me." Staub says that her time in the studio with Michaels, who is openly gay, was very comfortable. The pair met at an NYC Gay Pride event.

"I've been part of the gay community for thirty years," says Danielle. "The gay community is the one place, in all honestly, that I've ever truly felt safe and loved for just being me. Nobody ever cared where I've been, what I've done. They just let me be me."

Perhaps some of the proceeds of the single (if there are any proceeds, that is) could go toward Emanuela's Heart for Hope to make up for Staub's behavior at the benefit for Chris Stilianessis' daughter. He's still waiting for an apology, after all -- he told Zap2it, "If she really has changed as she says she has, there will be a public statement. That day in the restaurant, she had tears in her eyes. If those were true tears, her heart would open with an apology."

No comments:

Post a Comment