REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vicki-RHOOC talks about work and family

Interview Vicki did with The Office Stylist.

Life at Work: Vicki of The Real Housewives Orange County
It’s pretty obvious that life at work is different for all of us, so you can imagine our excitement at interviewing Vicki Gunvalson of The Real Housewives of Orange County. After all, what does a real housewife do?

Interviewed by Sayeh Pezeshki, Editor/Founder of TheOfficeStylist
Describe your typical workday

My typical workday consists of waking up between 6-7am. I am committed to staying in shape, and have recently enrolled in a Reformer Pilates class which I really love. I work out typically from 7am – 8am. After I get home, I usually throw a load of laundry in, shower and head straight to the office. I’m usually there by 9am.

My workday consists of selling life insurance or seeing clients to assist them in their retirement income planning. I am usually out of the office by 8pm at the latest. My nights consist of cooking dinner, finishing laundry, taking the new puppy for a walk and then back to my home office to do more emails and personal bills.

If you could work anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I fell in love with Santorini, Greece 3 years ago. I would love to work there. The lifestyle and work load seems manageable and they are committed to spending a few hours during the work day to have a siesta or coffee break. That would be ideal to me.

How would you describe your workspace?

I have a very large u -shape desk, 2 computer monitors, a credenza and a tall 4 drawer file cabinet in my office. I also have a large window that allows me to have natural light and a view of Saddleback Mountain which Is very beautiful.

What is one “work item” you can’t live without (could be your planner, laptop, iphone, ipad, etc)?

That’s easy – I can’t live without my computer. I would be out of business if I did not have that.

If you could switch careers for a day, what would you do?

I absolutely LOVE what I do for a living, and wouldn’t want to change it for any career. Selling life insurance and designing people’s retirement plans is truly a passion of mine, and with each day that I am given, it allows me to change my clients lives with the type of planning I do.

You have so much going on; can you give us one tip on how you keep it all together?

A great glass of wine at 10pm. Just kidding. But really, what allows me to keep it altogether – it’s good staff, a great support system at home and a lot of prayers.

What are 3 things fans don’t know about you?

I miss my father daily and pray to him every day. My father died of Alzheimer’s at a young age of 65, and the older I get the more I miss him

I would like to move back to the Midwest to be closer to my family

I’d like to retire by the time I’m 60, and pass my business along to my son Michael to run.

The most fearless and adventurous of all the housewives, Vicki Gunvalson, 47, is one of the original ladies of The Real Housewives of Orange County, appearing on the docu-series since season one. She owns a successful life insurance business, which viewers will see is continuing to boom with now over 600 agents under her helm. She is married to her second husband Donn Gunvalson, who is an executive at a shipping company.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    While we do appreciate you mentioning our magazine The Office Stylist, the interview is part of our site and copyrighted so you cannot have this post up. Please take this down immediately.

    You may write your own summary, but you cannot copy and paste our content onto your blog.

    Thank you,

    The Office Stylist Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,

    While we do appreciate you mentioning our magazine The Office Stylist, the interview is part of our site and copyrighted so you cannot have this post up. Please take this down immediately.

    You may write your own summary, but you cannot copy and paste our content onto your blog.

    Thank you,

    The Office Stylist Team

    ReplyDelete