REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Monday, July 26, 2010

Yoga Is Bethenny's Salvation

Article from Celebrity Health & Fitness.


Bethenny Frankel is shedding some more light on her regimen to stay slim. Yoga, she says, is an important part of daily routine. She says she’s been doing it for 20 years and credits it for helping to maintain her shape.

“Yoga is my salvation,” Frankel blogged, July 23. “I used to spend hours on the treadmill or spinning class, which made me manic, and I ate much more than usual because of the intense workout.”

Bethenny, who lost a stunning 29 pounds just 21 days after delivering daughter Bryn Hoppy via C-section in May, says the most important thing about a workout routine is doing something you enjoy and will stick with.

“Yoga is pretty much all I do,” she says. “I walk or surf or rollerblade when I can, and I will do the elliptical machine from time to time. However, yoga is the basis of my fitness routine. Not all exercise needs to leave you gasping for air and burning thousands of calories.”

Frankel, who says she used to be 15-20 pounds heavier in her twenties than she is now at 39, confessed she has battled food addiction and exercise bulimia in the past.

“I used to be obsessed with spinning, doing it five times a week,” Bethenny recalls. “I was 15 pounds heavier and working out like a madwoman. I would spin, then be starving, eat like crazy, then vow to spin like a lunatic again the next day.

“It gave me no peace. Many people gain weight when they are working out like this because the increase in calories consumed exceed those burned.”

Frankel, who bounced back into bikini-shape just 3 weeks after having a baby, says yoga isn’t for everyone, and stresses that the key is finding a routine that works for you.

“Do exercise for the sole purpose of feeling better,” she says. “Don’t make it something about counting calories or counting minutes on a treadmill. Find something that you can manage and that makes you feel better.

“What works for one may not work for another.”

Bethenny, who starred on The Real Housewives of New York City for three seasons, now stars in her own spinoff, Bethenny’s Getting Married.

In addition releasing her own fitness DVD and writing two diet books, Frankel just finished a self-help book called A Place of Yes, and is working on her fourth book, Naturally Fit Pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment