REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Teresa Signed With ICM

Interview from Parade.

Teresa Giudice Dishes on Danielle Staub, Her Own Future and Gay Rights
by Fran Carpentier

Just when you thought you knew everything there was to know about The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Parade.com has new revelations, courtesy of Teresa Giudice, about the impact of the show on her life, Danielle Staub's exit, what the future holds, and what the housewives are doing for -- would you believe? -- gay rights.

Do you have any regrets about getting involved with The Real Housewives of New Jersey?
"Nothing could prepare you for being instantly famous. Being on the show was the best thing I ever did -- and the worst thing. Yeah, the paparazzi and the fake stories about my family are aggravating, but we choose to concentrate on the blessings--the great things that came out of it, like my New York Times best-selling cookbook, Skinny Italian, meeting so many wonderful fans, things like that."

All of your fans are very concerned about your, Joe's and the girls' well-being. Is your family really $11 million in debt?
"I really appreciate everyone's concern. I get the sweetest, most uplifting letters from people. And yes, Joe and me and the girls are all happy and healthy. We're in God's hands. What more could I ask?"

8 Invaluable Life Lessons from ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey’

Do you think that you will have to sell your gorgeous house? Or will you have to get a job?
"I have a job! I have four jobs actually. My first and most important job is being a mommy. But I'm also an author, I run an online boutique, and I make appearances around the country. I think I'm the only New Jersey Housewife that actually went to college. I have a fashion degree and worked as a buyer for Calvin Klein and Macy's before I had kids. I've always worked. I love to work. But my family comes first."

You truly "sizzle" in the commercial for Sizzles Tanning Salon in Totowa, N.J. How did that come about?
"I just signed with ICM [International Creative Management, a leading talent agency], so yes, you're going to be seeing a lot more of me! I'm also releasing my own fragrance, a make-up line -- and a line of cookware."

Have you given any thought to hosting your own reality-TV cooking show?
"I would love to, yes! I get letters from fans to do my own show all the time. I'm definitely looking into it. It would be nice to be on TV for something positive instead of just drama, drama, drama..."
Do you have any plans to write another cookbook? What about a beauty book?
"I'm working on my second book right now. It's a family cookbook and it will be out in Spring 2011. It will be the same format as last time--gorgeous photos of the food and me and my girls cooking--but 60 all-new recipes with new stories, tips and fun food facts."

A few weeks ago, you appeared on ABC's The View. Did you feel attacked by the hosts?
"I thought I handled myself well on The View. I didn't feel attacked on the show, but I actually didn't hear Joy Behar say the "slumlord" comment until I watched it later on TV. They all talk over each other, so it's hard to hear everything. I can't say I'm too impressed that professional journalists would act like that, but what can you do?"

On the reunion episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, things got pretty physical between you and Danielle Staub to the point that you shoved Andy Cohen and then had to be held back by him. Any comments?
"Things never got physical. I just can't sit back and watch someone attack my family. Danielle crossed a line she shouldn't have crossed. I didn't mean to push Andy, he was just holding me back -- and I hate to be held as if I'm going to do something. I would never touch a hair on her head. I've never gotten physical with anybody. It's not my style. I love Andy and yes, afterwards, we hugged it out."
Do you get nervous before the reunion shows?
"No. None of the women make me nervous, on any of the shows. And certainly not Danielle."

It's official: Bravo announced that Danielle Staub will not be returning to The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
"If Danielle was on or off the show, it didn't bother me. I can deal with her. And I'm certainly not afraid of her or anything. Was she fired? You'll have to ask Bravo."

Tell me about performing in the comedy My Big Gay Italian Wedding off-Broadway .
"Of course I was nervous! But I was also excited and thrilled to be a part of it. Thankfully, my lines were easy, and I only had to do a few Lady Gaga moves. We rehearsed for two weeks. It was so successful, we're doing an encore in October."

[Note: Teresa Giudice, Jacqueline Laurita, Caroline Manzo, and Dina Manzo of The Real Housewives of New Jersey will appear in four performances of the off-Broadway show My Big Gay Italian Wedding Oct. 20-24. For tickets or info, visit Telecharge. A portion of ticket sales will be donated to Marriage Equality New York.]

Did your husband, Joe, take issue with the play's message, which is that gay people should have all the same rights as heterosexuals?
"No, of course not. He came to the show opening night and went to the after-party with me and the cast and producers. We have a lot of gay friends and support them in everything that they do."

Do you ever feel misjudged by your audience or the public?
"I think it's definitely easier to judge than to not judge, that's why people do it. If you look different or have a different lifestyle, then it's the first thing people will attack you for. It's sad really, but I experience it myself. When people don't like you--or think they don't like you because of what they see on television--first they'll call me an ethnic slur or then they'll make up a rumor about how I don't like this group or that. Believe me, I love everyone! My best friends--the people I trust the most--are Catholic, Jewish, African-American, gay, tall, short, blonde... you name it. I love people for their hearts, not their appearance or lifestyle."

Would it upset you if one of your girls turned out to be gay?
"Of course not. All I want is for my kids to be happy. I recently talked to Chris Colfer from Glee and told him how much I loved him. What he's doing on his show is so brave and amazing. Love, love, love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment