REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Danielle-RHONJ Talks About Children On Television

Danielle talked to Babble about her kids appearing on TV.

Posted by MaraLee
Danielle Staub has a long list of people out to get her from her cast mates on The Real Housewives of New Jersey to criminals from her past like Danny Aguilar. She has done some seriously sordid things like selling cocaine and making a sex tape. So much negative has been said against her, it’s pointless and far too time consuming to recount. But while many parts of her life seem to be unraveling, Danielle can always find stability and solace in her family life, playing mother to daughters Christine and Jillian.

She took the time to talk to Famecrawler about why she chose to have her kids on reality TV, the most important lesson she is teaching them, and how she keeps them away from all the negative press.

How did you decide to let your children go on The Real Housewives of New Jersey?

My children were part of the show because from the beginning I thought it was going to be about families coming together and supporting each other. Maybe arguing a little bit and not loving each other all the time but still supporting each other. Jacqueline is a single mom, Dina was a single mom-I figured what’s’ the difference? We’re all women. How bad could the show be? Now I realize how important I really am because all they do is talk about me. If they’re talking about me and I’m talking about me-oh there we go. I don’t think anyone should replace Dina. I wouldn’t. I’m enough for all of us. That’s why there are only four of us standing.”

There’s a lot of negative press about you and some skeletons in the closet. How do you keep your children away from that when they can easily read it on the Internet?

“My kids and I don’t read anything on the Internet. Sorry to disappoint anyone. If it’s a great article, then that is the only time. My team will send it to me. It stops there. My kids aren’t interested in seeing the bad. They won’t look at it. They only want to see the good stuff. If you don’t show the bad, you won’t start living it. You get caught up in it and if you get caught up in other people’s dirt and opinions of you, it will consume you and bring you down. Darkness is coming, get ut of its way. Don’t read it, don’t engage it.”

There are some things you do on the show that some people would find questionable. Aren’t your kids seeing that?

“I believe you should be age-appropriately honest with your children and never show them something you wouldn’t want them to repeat. Some people will say things that I’m doing in front of my children but my children weren’t there. My children weren’t there chasing after another woman alongside of their mom. My children would never do that. Ever. Furthermore, in Season 1, everyone’s kids were there when a table was flipped at me and I was called horrific names. My children have never seen that kind of behavior.”

What’s the most important lesson you’ve taught your kids?

“I’m teaching my children to treat people with equality, humanity, and we stand and we platform-we try and feed the hungry and give back in every way we can. As Christine tells me very often, “Mom you tell me not to focus on the negative so don’t do it to yourself.” Whatever my kids are telling me or instructing me on in the show, they’re doing that because I taught them. I let my kids speak to what kind of parent I am. My tips are: Teach your children what you want them to learn and live by example. Everyone is going to be human and make mistakes but try to learn from them and make them into lessons instead of repeating them and making them into a second mistake.”

No comments:

Post a Comment