REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ramona-RHONY Talks About Jewelry And The RHONY

Post from FameWhore.

As an avid follower of The Real Housewives of New York I was delighted to have a chance to speak with the gregarious Ramona Singer about the inspiration behind her jewelry collection for HSN and why she’s arguably the fan favorite of the hit Bravo show.

I know you've been traveling a lot this summer, have these trips provided inspiration for your collection?
From my travels I get inspiration from what I see, whether it's in the stores or just from nature itself, absolutely. I do travel. Anywhere I go I get inspiration. I get inspiration through the water. I try to emulate the color blue from the water for certain stones, like a blue amethyst I have in my collection on these gorgeous drop earrings. The color blue is really spectacular. I have these great [peridot] earrings that are coming on; they're more of a geometric look with an ethnic influence inspired by my recent trip to Africa. The color is very green and it works with everything! I've been wearing them almost every day.

What separates your collection from everything else that's out on the market today?
I'm a shopaholic. I do like to shop, I admit. There's nothing out there in the market at these price points with real diamonds and real gemstones. The whole look is emulated to be a red carpet look…to get that Madison Avenue millionaire look without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. They're art deco, they're estate inspired, and they'll look as good today as they will 20 years from now. You can pass them on to your children.

Do you plan on introducing any men's pieces into the collection?
At this point, just women's for HSN.

Do you have anything on the horizon by way of collaborations with any major department stores?
Right now I kind of have my hands full. I have my True Faith jewelry collection and that's sold on Amazon.com, it's my husband's fourth generation business, which is all travel jewelry, and then I have the HSN collection. I think right now that's enough for me.

What do you think it is about your personality that your fans appreciate most?
...that I tell it like it is. I don't play games. I don't hold back. I'm not a fake; I'm very real and down to earth. I think they appreciate that I work hard and yet I know how to have fun. I'm a great mother, and a great wife.

Do you follow the Real Housewives of New Jersey?
I do watch it, I've just been on vacation. I just know from my Twitter someone said that Danielle mentioned something about a "new beginning." Like, "Oh, is she copying Ramona? Tru Renewal?" That's all I know.

What is it about the NYC Housewives that separate them from the other franchises?
I think people have a fascination with New York because it's New York. People are always drawn to know what people are doing in New York because there's so much energy going on here.

Who can we expect to see return next season to The Real Housewives of New York?
That's the million-dollar question. We'll have to watch what happens...

Is Avery still planning on taking over the family business?
It's an opportunity for her. She's a very talented girl. She's very bright, she's sensitive, and she has a sharp mind. Whatever she wants to do would be fine with me. But I really believe that before someone goes into a family business they should work somewhere else for four years to get some expertise outside of the family business.

What is the significance of "Turtle Time"?
There was a bar / disco or something [in St. John] called "Turtle" something. So I said "it's turtle time!" Because I love to dance and I knew they had music there to dance to.

Do you have any plans to expand your brand in the near future?
I'm always open to things. Right now my concentration is the jewelry and I also have my skin care line. My dream would be to get that into Sephora. I would love to do that.

Can we look forward to an autobiography from you?
It's funny you should say that because I actually did a book proposal but because of the outcome of Jill and LuAnn's books it sort of tainted the Housewives name...because they bombed. I would still love to share my story and be an inspiration to other people.

On her renewal:
I grew up in an abused family. No one has helped me, just me, myself, and I. Everything just renewed for me, renewing new beginnings. I'm in a great place. You can renew yourself at any age. Things can change and you can make things happen.

3 comments:

  1. This post was inspired by a long weekend I spent browsing your blog! So thanks for what you do, and thanks for your comments here. Amazing blog man! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post man.The jewllwry was a which u have mention.Jewellery always puts that extra glitter to your style and now days, it has become a tangible symbol to identify ones status and class. Designer Jewellery, whether it is silver, tribal or semi-precious, all looks beautiful defining your classy choice.

    Thanks
    Brain Reed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Awesome article I came across it on Google. I just recently created a new page its about Blue Diamond. It would be awesome if you could check it out I really need some feedback on it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete