REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jennifer Gilbert Would "Like To See A More Diverse Cast" On The RHONY

Article from Hollywood Life.

By:David Caplan
As reports swirl that the upcoming season of The Real Housewives of New York will be adding a “wealthy Hamptons housewife,” former cast member Jennifer Gilbert, says it’s not a done deal yet, adding she would like to see a more diverse cast.
Photo: Wire Image

Jennifer, president of the New York City event planning firm Save The Date, told HollywoodLife.com, “Sure, I would love to see a lesbian, or some diversity. It would be nice to do something a little diverse. All I know is The Real Housewives of New Jersey got [extremely high] ratings, so I think in order to get those type of ratings, they should up the ante.” Adds Jennifer, who remains friendly with the cast, “I do know that they haven’t 100 percent firmed up [the new cast member]. It’s not entirely in stone yet. I know they were looking at a zillion people.”

But the identity of the new rabblerouser will soon be known. Housewife Ramona Singer, who will be returning to the show, told HollywoodLife.com at an OK! magazine party Sept. 13, “There is a new girl coming on…We start filming Sept. 20, that’s our target date. It’s going to be the best season ever, I feel it and I know it.”

And fellow cast member Jill Zarin, author of The New York Times bestseller, Secrets Of A Jewish Mother, tells HollywoodLife.com she has faith in Bravo’s casting. “Bravo selects strong women who are independent and driven, which is why I feel so grateful to be part of the franchise. (Zarin also reacted to this week’s news that New Jersey Housewife Danielle Staub, landed a new show, Social, on WeatlhTV, saying “I am excited to see any Housewife branch out, whether it be a product line or their own TV show.”)

As for Jennifer, she may return to the show’s upcoming season, but not as a permanent character; instead she may appear on the show planning parties for the other cast members. “That is the hope,” she said. “I met with Bravo. I’m talking to a bunch of the girls about events they want to plan. I’d love to come back. I had fun. I just don’t want to do it every minute. It was great, but it was a tremendous amount of work, and to be honest, I’ve had a business for 16 years, I have a job. And I have kids. “

And Gilbert say she won’t miss being engulfed in the show’s seemingly non-stop drama. “At least this time, I’ll be watching from the sidelines!”

No comments:

Post a Comment