REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kelly's NYFW Blog

Post from PAPERMAG.
Photo:Getty Images
Kelly Bensimon's Fashion Week Blog III: Badgley Mischka's Fitzgeraldian Moment
By Kelly Bensimon
 
Kelly Bensimon, whom you might know from a little television show called The Real Housewives of New York, is a model, writer, party circuit fixture and general lady-about-town. She'll be covering the goings on in NYC during Fashion Week for PAPERMAG. You can follow her on Twitter at @kikilet.

My first show at the Mercedes Benz Fashion week at Lincoln Center was Badgley Mischka. I didn't first get to know Mark Badgley and James Mischka through their designs -- I actually met them at the Hampton Classic horse show. Mark and James are good friends with Cornelia and CZ Guest who introduced me to the brilliant duo. The designers are clearly inspired by their glamorous friends -- their Spring 2011 show was filled with the elegant, flowing dresses that someone who lives a fantasy lifestyle like the Guests or other Badgley Mischka fans like Jennifer Lopez would wear. Their look is one that's sexy, effortless and entitled. As the models walked the runway and Temper Trap played "Sweet Disposition" (apparently the theme song of Fashion week, as I heard it at Minnie Mortimer, too -- I'm actually blasting it as I write this, lol), my leg bounced to the music and I was transported to a Fitzgeraldian scene where everything was unexpected, women were feminine and carefree, champagne flowed and every moment took your breath away. One of my favorite lines in "Sweet Disposition" is "Don't stop to surrender." This sentiment was echoed in what I saw in Badgley Mischka's collection. Their clothes encourage the women who wear them to enjoy the moment, relish in the beauty and enjoy life. Thank you Mark and James. The platforms, hot shorts, high waisted jeans and gorgeous gowns inspired me to dream for just a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment