REALHOUSEWIVES NEWS

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Returns Oct. 4th
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Premieres Oct. 14th
The Real Housewives Of Orange County Returns Jan.'11

Monday, August 30, 2010

Kevin Maher Calls Danielle's Motion B.S.

Post from Zap 2 It.

By Jethro Nededog
"The Real Housewives of New Jersey's" Danielle Staub's legal team spent close to 10 hours on Friday, August 27 with her ex-husband Kevin Maher's attorney to try and settle his $5-million defamation case against the housewife with no results.

Photo: Kevin Maher/Bravo
Monday (August 30), TMZ reported that her team filed a motion to dismiss the case claiming Maher had no witnesses to prove she made slanderous statements, that he is a sexual deviant, and saying that his reputation while working as a police informant and during their brief marriage as revealed in the book he co-authored, "Cop Without A Badge," makes him an unreliable person.

"It's just a B.S. motion," Maher tells Zap2it exclusively. "It's not going to work. It's just another way for her to get headlines. Some of the things I wrote about myself, I wasn't proud of, but most of them I was. I was honest. I put it out there. These are things that took place 25 years ago."

He continues, "What I'm suing Danielle Staub for ... it's not about something that happened 25 years ago. It's about something that happened in June of last year."
In fact, Maher says that there are items in Staub's motion that are simply untrue and believes the motion will be thrown out as soon as Tuesday.
First, the motion claims that Maher couldn't produce a witness who can testify that Staub made false statements about him. He tells us that cast member Caroline Manzo testified that Staub told her while other cast members were present that he "had raped her on broken glass, that I inserted my gun in her and played Russian roulette and that I had hung her dog." Then "on a different occasion that the mechanism of murdering her dog was with a gunshot so there were two variations of how I killed her dog."

Maher believes Staub's motions are meant to stop him from interviewing witnesses who can further prove her allegedly slanderous statements, such as Mark Dagostino, a People Magazine writer who she allegedly told the statements to and Staub, herself, who has yet to be deposed.

Second, Maher says that Staub's motion misquotes the deposition he made to her attorney and recorded in legal transcripts. For example, Staub's legal papers allege that Maher "stated that if it was possible that he blacked out on one occasion, it is possible he blacked out and raped Ms. Staub, but just could not remember doing it."

Maher sent Zap2it excerpts from the legal transcript of his deposition. According to those excerpts, Maher's stated in his deposition, "I blacked out one time. I don't know if blackout would be the right phrase, but I couldn't remember what -- what tunnel or bridge that I took home. But no, I -- no, raping someone on a bed of broken glass would be an act that I would never forget."

And as far as Staub's accusation that he's a sexual deviant? "I've never done anything sexually deviant with any woman in my life," he says. "And for her to call me a sexual deviant is another slanderous move on her behalf. I'll throw that in my lawsuit, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment